Friday, May 02, 2008

It's been a rough week in Lincoln...















Yesterday was a shitty way to start out May...just one more thing today.
So, I got a visit from Joel this AM. Not a good thing when your boss comes to your house. "Times are tough" is about what it came down to. The one job that I have had in a long time that I actually liked is now ancient history. -Damn.
My carpentry job is down to 2 days a week and less than that for the next month. I dont even like that job, but it pays the bills. -Damn, Damn.
I guess that leaves me with a big "WTFN"?
Coffee shop? -Damn, Damn, Damn.
I'm making less than I did 10 years ago.
Are times getting that tough again?
So, I guess for all of you out there who know me, ya got any advice?

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Babe, booo. Get that portfolio up to date and keep your nose on the line. Just take it one thing at a time. Call me if you want to talk. I'll be home tonight.

Chin up, young person. I think you're fabulous.

cvo said...

dude, sorry to hear about your job sitch..

you can always come to mexico...

Vance Regal said...

We still need a test subject for the Man-zillian! Is your sack up to the challenge?

Anonymous said...

cam and amber just left the shop for the dark side and scooter said we could use another mechanic... so if you wanna make less than you did 15 years ago, come on down.

Davey Boy said...

OK, i'll get the manzillion, go to mexico and work as a bike mechanic! good times!

BF kemyooter said...

Wow...if you end up doing all that you may as well update your 'Gigolo' memebers card.

Summer's here in the NW. The sun is out...and there's positions available at the great Raleigh Mother ship...

Cornbread said...

You're pretty damn handy. How about a maintenance job somewhere? It'll always be something different. Just a thought.

Good luck man. Let me know if I can help.